NORDLEK 2012, 10 July – 15 July, will truly be compact games. All the main arenas at Campus Steinkjer are just a short walk from each other. Here, you will also find schools for accommodation.
Steinkjer is a small, but “open, bright and happy” city in the middle of Norway.
In the city centre you will find the marketplace, culture hall and Steinkjer Church, arena for several NORDLEK-concerts.
We are planning:
- Simultaneous dancing in four halls – two large and two smaller, all night long, you choose from free or guided dance.
- Focus on the musical performers, making Steinkjer simmer as the focal point for nordic folk musicians.
- Opening ceremony extravaganza, and great concerts during the meet.
- We will serve tasty, local and short-travelled food, both simply cheap and more costly and exclusive.
- Dance and musicians classes during the day.
- Focus on families, dedicated excursions, dances, childrens parking and family camp.
- Exciting activities for youth, NORDLEK-camp, dancing, activities and classes.
- In 2012 we invite handicraftsmen to a great market, to seminars and classes.
- Even with our innovative program, you will recognise NORDLEK from your past experience. In the program you will find the Nordic ball, parades and national costumes on display.
- Excursions to historic and cultural heritage sites both before, during and after NORDLEK.
More information to come in the autumn of 2011. Welcome to NORDLEK 2012!